Our Latest News

Monday, 31 December 2012

Mobile Phones VS Desktop Computers


Back on August 10th 2012 we published a post named:  Top 10 Used Mobile Phones in the UK besides telling our fantastic visitors which mobile phones were the most popular in the UK we also researched into how many people were using their mobile phone (or smartphone) to gain access to the internet to visit websites.

The results in August 2012 showed that 13.16% of people using the internet in the United Kingdom did so from a mobile device. The remaining 86.84% were people connecting to the internet via a desktop PC or laptop.

Now 4 months later we have delved back into the archives of information and can report there has been a slight increase of 0.18% of people using mobile phones to access the internet. 13.34% may seem a small percentage to some people but when you consider the population of the UK (62,641,000) and multiply that by the mobile percentage, that tells us that there are over 8.35 million people in the UK (an increase of roughly 1 million people) that are using their mobile devices to connect to the internet.

Media City Way specialise in displaying websites onto mobile devices, take a look at our own website on your mobile phone. Businesses that are selling either themselves or products on the internet need to consider their options and make sure their website displays clearly on a mobile phone.

Leave us a comment and we will perform a mobile optimisation check on your website free of charge and provide recommendations on what can be achieved to improve your websites functionality and visibility on mobile devices.


4 comments:

  1. Hello, this website is good designed for me, since this point in time I am reading this enormous educational post here at my house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, its always good to hear positive feedback about our website and hope our posts are useful to you.

      Delete
  2. Now in days desktops and mobile phone are becoming similar. Smart phones provide every facility that a desktop provides. You can easily handle it and can carry also

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, this was an incredibly nice post.
    Spending some time and actual effort to make a superb article… but what can I say… I procrastinate a lot and never manage to get anything done.

    ReplyDelete

S c r o l l h e r e